Executives have started realizing the importance of a good corporate social responsibility strategy after a long time in the business world. They have admitted now that a good CSR strategy not only help them build a good social-eco-environment, but also can be proved profitable for their company. Now the big challenge in front of a company is how to build a strategic CSR to get the best out of it, both for the company and for the society. Writing a good CSR report is the first step of it. One needs to follow some key points when writing the first sustainability report for their company or take the regular report to a new level. Here are some of the things need to be present on a CSR report that makes it best for the company:
- Focusing on the future: When making a CSR report, it’s a must to focus on the future goals and let people have a clear concept on this. You can always show some perspective or features related to the past, but staying in the past may damage the impression of your company because people want to know where this company is heading in the future. To be reliable and trusted to the people, your company should adapt some environment friendly goals in future and long term vision such as reducing a noticeable amount of gas emission or developing a government policy that is helpful for the environment.
- Address the issues at first: Companies that produce more waste than they can recycle will definitely face questions from the people. First of all, issues that can be seriously harmful in future need to be addressed in the first place in a report. You should make an understanding of how these issues will be solved or minimized by your company and hence pose less or no threat to the law or society. Addressing the negative impact and ways of minimizing them will place your company in a reliable position.
- Focus on profit: It is equally important to focus on making profits as this is the sole purpose of commercial companies. People are more focused on what you are doing with the profits rather than how you are making it. A strategic CSR report should have enough opportunities for making profits out of every manufacturing. You need to develop a strategy that also describes the sustainability of different practices of your company and address the manufacturing problems in a positive direction.
- Get Certifications: Getting certifications from another party is a good way to build transparency. You can use some of the available tools to write your desired CSR report that is mostly used by the companies nowadays to build integrity to the efforts of your CSR.
- Include stories: People get a quick glance of the overall condition of the company by your stories and statistics. It is wiser to include both in a report that will make your report sensible to others. Including only success story will make the report lighter and questionable to the media.
Creating a genuine CSR report may even result in easy acceptance by people. Reports with manufacturing defaults may help you gain the trust of people. Honesty and a presentable report may help you attain your goal very fast.